WHERE TO EAT IN TAIPEI: THE ANTIPODEAN

Antipodean /ˌantɪpəˈdiːən
(n) a person from Australia of New Zealand
(adj.) relating to Australia or New Zealand

What comes best after one and an half hour inclined trek under the sunny yet breezy morning? Food! The Australian-infused eatery happens to be notable among food enthusiasts in Taipei. My friend discovered The Antipodean online and suggested that we had it a go at trying its F&B after the hike. The food posted online looked healthy, so as we were thinking about restoring less amount of fat than that of what we had burned back to our tummies, off we go!

We reserved seats a day in advance by phone to avoid peak brunch period. There is only 10 minute spare time, so remember to come in time.

FOOD & BEVERAGES
Avocado Baked Egg
酪梨烤蛋
NTD 280
avocado, pine nut, egg, mashed potato, Spanish sausage, tomato and sourdough bread

As far as I can recall,  my friend neither passed negative comment nor did she show bad expression. 

Sliders
手工小漢堡
NT 280
beef, pork, tomato, onion, sour cucumber sauce, ham, cheese and salad with apple cider dressing

The size came as a surprise to me because I hadn't expected it would be this small :O, hence I would not recommend anyone with big appetite to order sliders. What I love about this menu is the greenish salad that was tastily paired with proper dressing and also the burger, which was not greasy to my liking. I completed the set with an additional plate of scrambled egg so as to load my appetite. 

Avocado Big Breakfast
 澳式酪梨大早餐
NT 320
Californian avocado, baked tomato, scrambled egg, sourdough bread, sauté mushroom, hashed browns, and baked beans in tomato sauce

 Avocado tastes so good! If there should be a review about this menu, that would be "a dish of plentiful fillings". It will ensure you won't need to order another food :)
Flat White | Matcha latte
  平白咖啡 | 抹茶拿鐵
NT 120 | 160 

 Ambience
If you happened to get the seat next to the kitchen, you would likely to see the chef working on your order. The transparent glass allows you to sneak a peek at the kitchen while spending time waiting for your meals. Foods came after an approximately 30 minutes of waiting, if I am not mistaken. Besides talking with you friends about latest gossips, you can stroll around the place. At the left-hand corner near the entrance door was a display of products available for your purchase. Or, taking photos just like I did can also be another choice of yours. My favorite spot is the rack that holds diverse colors of cups. That was cool, I think. 

My friends and I went there around 11am on public holiday when dining out was supposed to be everyone's preference. Even so, I saw no queue or a lot of diners. However, as we finished our brunch, people were starting to come. One more thing to remind y'all, there is a two-hour limitation for dining time.

Price: $$$
Taste: ****
Service: ***
Ambence **** 

Address: No. 4, Lane 26, Gangqian Road, Neihu District, Taipei City, 114
Telephone: (02) 8751-0027 (Reservation is made available)
Business hour: Mon- Fri 06:00-18:00 //  Sat-Sun 08:00-18:00
Website: https://www.facebook.com/TheAntipodean/

Comments