WHERE TO EAT IN JAKARTA: UNION



Hullo! I'm back in my hometown, Jakarta to spend my winter break and Chinese New Year. Despite the rapid weather changes between rainy and sunny day since I arrived here two weeks ago, I pretty much love the warm temperature which means a break from thick outfits ^^

Couple days ago, I managed to taste the luscious desserts at Union, Plaza Senayan branch, one of popular restaurants in Jakarta. Not only does it serve a wide range of delicate cuisine vary from starting to closing menus with Western or Asian taste, but it also presents a fine ambiance to its dining site. Oh! the waiter and waitress were extremely friendly towards the guests too. Do not hesitate to ask about any suggested menus or ask them to help you taking photos. 
It is no wonder that the place is crowded with groups of people holding either meeting or simply small gathering with friends almost its business hour. It was three in the afternoon ,which is outside lunch time, while the attendants write my name on the waiting lists. I could barely see empty seat thr time I arrived there. For this reason, I suggest that you book hours in advance to safe your time.


 Honey Bee Smoothies (IDR 55.000) -a mix of carrot, apple, pear and honey is a perfect companion during sunny day. The taste is good, refreshing and not too sweet. 


Red Velvet (IDR 55.000)



 Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake (IDR 55.000) 

The cakes come with rather large size but you can always share with your friends. If you fancy sweet desserts, I would highly recommend these flavors. In case the question about the red colored cake appears, it uses no artificial colorings, thus safe for eating. One more thing, all cakes are available for pre order but make sure you book minimum three days in advance for three or more cakes. 



Union Brasserie, Bakery & Bar
Plaza Senayan Courtyard, Ground Floor, Jl. Asia Afrika no. 8
Tel: (021) 57905861(62)
 Street Gallery Terrace, Ground Floor, Pondok Indah Mall I 
Tel: (021) 29529781(82)

Comments

June said…
Hi Jane, welcome back to Indonesia. yes the weather change quickly over here. but it's more warm better than in Taipe, have a nice holiday. I can't believe new year is coming!

xo June
www.junepaski.com
Unknown said…
Oh my gosh that cake looks so amazing.

Rae | love from berlin
Ariana said…
That cake is making me drool !
-------------
http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com
Dyn said…
I always think that foods at Union are a bit overpriced when you can get so much cheaper cakes with quite as large portion at another smaller cafe :/

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER